Power Production Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Dyncorp International Llc Al Udeid Air Base
Dyncorp International Llc Al Udeid Air Base urgently required following position for Power Production Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Power Production Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Dyncorp International Llc Al Udeid Air Base Jobs Details:
The Power Production Supervisor will manage staff and a vast, potentially aging fleet of large, diesel engine, power generators.
- Manage power generation personnel, fleet, and activities to maximize useful life of aging diesel power generation units
- Write and implement policies and procedures regarding all aspects of power generation operations, service, and maintenance
- Troubleshoot power generation issues via telephone, internet, and site visits to determine best course of action for setting up or bringing power generators online to support customer
- Ensure all power generation departments are operating in a safe, professional manner according to applicable company policies and OSHA regulations
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide project controls, estimating, and scheduling groups with pertinent data for project estimates
- Provide briefings to military and civilian leaders on state of power generation in support of the program
- Ensure proper parts, supplies, and materials are ordered in automated database, stocked, and received for an aging fleet of generators located throughout assigned area
- Ensure all required spreadsheets and databases are submitted to customer/client on time with accurate information
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to re-strap, reprogram, and bond generators operating on American or European voltages on hertz
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA regulations and applicable standards of secondary containments for generators and fuel cells
- Knowledge in grounding and bonding for the safe operation of power generators under NEC 2008 or BS 7671
- In-depth knowledge and ability to perform maintenance on power generation equipment to include engine, Alternating Current (AC) alternators, electronic controls, electrical wiring, and accessories
- Knowledge of voltage, amperage, frequency, and poser factors, electrical theory, and a deep understanding of power equations
Experience & Education
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience in the electrical power generation field.
- Four (4) years supervision of generator mechanics preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
The PP Supervisor shall have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the electrical power generation field. The supervisor manages resources and activities devoted to installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical power generating and control systems. The supervisor shall have knowledge of: Principles of electronics and electricity including generation, conversion, transformation, distribution, and utilization; types, capacity, and purpose of low/medium voltage circuits, circuit breakers, switches, fuses, regulators, relays, instruments, and meters associated with electric generation and distribution; interpreting instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications; techniques of operating and maintaining internal combustion engines, generators, generating plants, distribution panels, and accessory equipment; use and purpose of test equipment; safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management; and operation and repair of electrical power production systems.Facilities / Maintenance / Repair (Full-time) Job Posting Jan 11, 2018, 8:52:46 PM Unposting Date Ongoing