Security Operations Center Technician Information Office Qatar Campus Jobs Vacancy in Carnegie Mellon University Doha
- Security Operations Center Technician Information Office Qatar Campus
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Doha DAW
- 18 May, 2018 30+ days ago
Carnegie Mellon University Doha urgently required following position for Security Operations Center Technician Information Office Qatar Campus. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Security Operations Center Technician Information Office Qatar Campus Jobs Vacancy in Carnegie Mellon University Doha Jobs Details:
- Providing technical leadership in designing, evaluating, implementing, operating, and supporting ISO program tools, systems, services, and techniques to prevent, detect, and respond to identified risks & threats.
- Monitoring and responding to network intrusion, system log, and vulnerability alerts raised by automated detection systems, internal & external reports and manual investigation
- Executing incident response procedures and Information Security Office (ISO) processes to identify computer security incidents, contain intrusions and recommend options for eradication & recovery all the while effectively communicating with both internal and external customers and escalating as necessary
- Monitoring threat intelligence sources to provide documentation and community announcements for current security & abuse issues
- Coordinating threat mitigation and response efforts
- Assisting campus IT personnel technically and procedurally with incident handling and threat mitigation
- Investigating incident root cause & scope using host and network based forensics when called for by the incident response plan
- Providing technical guidance and assessment of control requirements for compliance areas such as HIPAA, FISMA, PCI-DSS, GLBA, DFARS, and NCBI research data access.
- Running projects to improve and automate processes and tools through evaluation, implementation and/or development as well as providing consulting across the division and campus
- Handling service support requests for credential management, deprovisioning, certificate authority, vulnerability scanning, data loss protection and endpoint security
- Sharing responsibility for maintaining documentation on all incidents and job related procedures
- Collaborating with other groups to secure infrastructure and implement security controls supporting primarily compliance areas
- Potentially assessing systems for vulnerabilities in design and implementation as well as penetration testing of hosts and client/server & web applications as required by various compliance areas
- Able to regularly work evenings, weekends, and holidays with occasional on call support as needed
- Annual international travel required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience (as evidenced by employment history, professional certification, and/or academic track record) is required.
- 5 years or more of work experience in cyber security incident response, SOC, and/or cyber intel analysis or 5-8 years of IT administration/engineering/support experience.
- CISSP, GSEC, GCFE, or equivalent practitioner certificates or the willingness to pursue certifications as part of ongoing career development.
- Some experience in security operational services, e.g., intrusion monitoring, security incident and event management, kill chain analysis, threat and vulnerability management, forensic investigation, etc.
- Experience with Splunk or Splunk for Enterprise Security is a bonus.
- Knowledge of various operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS).
- Demonstrable expertise analyzing TCP/IP traffic, especially HTTP(S), TLS, and DNS traffic.