Academic Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Qatar University Doha
Qatar University Doha urgently required following position for Academic Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Academic Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Qatar University Doha Jobs Details:
Teaches academic success workshops; providesacademic coaching; supervises peer tutors; collaborates to provide new academicsupport initiatives.
Recruits, supervises, and trains newqualified peer tutors.
Schedules, oversees, and evaluates peertutoring staff.
Teaches academic success workshops and conductin-class presentations on topics related to academic skills development andlearning strategies.
Provides individual academic coaching andguidance to students and refers students to appropriate resources.
Serves as program lead in one or more SLSCprograms (eg. Supplemental Instruction (SI), peer tutoring).
Regularly liaises with the Colleges toidentify student academic needs and to collaborate on the development of newacademic support initiatives.
Creates new policies and procedures to facilitatemore efficient operation of the various academic support programs.
Creates supplemental materials for studentsto improve understanding of course content and development of academic successskills.
Maintains and develops tutoring resourcessuch as textbooks, online tutoring, online resources, software, & websites.
Coordinates SLSC academic support events.
Extends outreach to students who have beenidentified as at-risk.
Oversees the SLSC Study Center in the sectionhead’s absence.
Holds tutorial sessions with individualstudents and groups of students as needed.
Participates in New Student Orientation andCollege orientation sessions.
Develops and delivers program specificmarketing campaigns.Performsother duties as assigned. Qualifications
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education,Student Personnel Administration, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of 2 years of experience providingstudent support services in a university environment
Ability to provide tutorial assistance in avariety of academic areas such as Science, and the Humanities required.Previous experience in teaching or tutoring strongly desired.
General knowledge of an undergraduatecurriculum and a genuine interest in helping students is required.
Excellent planning, organizational, andcommunication skills required.
Bilingual ability in Arabic and Englishrequired.Required Documents
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references includingcontact numbers and email addresses.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and servicephilosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information(physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential(transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy ofcertificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential grantinginstitution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feelis relevant to your application.Benefits
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRMLaw.
3. Annual round trip air tickets forcandidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance tocandidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. Athree-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents inaccordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidatesonly) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HRpolicies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.How To Apply